Sunday, April 4, 2010

Take 'Em To Church...

Ok.. So I've never been a deeply religious person. Yes, I've been taught to pray & give my all to God but never a "Churchy" person. There's been times where I've gone to church weekly & times I've gone to "Homecoming" and others where I didn't go at all. I feel like although a Pastor may be able to help those who are lost and need a little guidance but I know God and he knows me. I pray every night. I pray over my meals. I pray at random times of the day. I Pray. Not just when things get bad. A lot of things have gone bad in my life and I don't get mad about it and lose faith. Sometimes I'm tempted to question Him but I know better than that.

So the real question is: why do people think they are better and act all "Holier Than Thou" because the sit in church and pretend to be so God-fearing and Holy? Anybody can pretend. Those people should be the 1st to know that He already knows about u. Faking the funk. Smh. I'm not here to tell anyone they are right or wrong but just keep it real. & don't say "At least I went to church on Easter" so! Did u learn anything? Does this mean you're' better than the people who stayed home? Not at all. I guess everyone has their own way of giving thanks and praising the Lord.

People get so wrapped up in tradition that they forget what the real meaning of things are. Most "Church" holidays are synonymous with food, new things, etc. Yea, most people participate & not everyone is in it for those reasons but maybe we should all take a step back and look at it for what it really is.

Just because u don't see someone in church every week doesn't mean they're bad. Doesn't mean they don't have a relationship with God. And honestly it doesn't matter what the next man thinks. *shrugs* neways... Enough of my random rambling & ranting.

Happy Easter

No comments: