Wednesday, February 24, 2010

All Because Of You... WIlma

This is from Hurricane Wilma. This was a very trying time for a lot of people that we're in South FL when the storm hit. Although we were not as bad as Katrina, This was a MAJOR hurricane for us.


What did we do, what called for this?
1st we were watching TV & now we can't see shit.
We just sit around bored with nothing to do,
Ever since your strong winds & rains came through.
When I look outside, its pure darkness I see,
Despite the fact that everyone says "It won't happen to me".
Most cars are damaged & houses are destroyed.
When the silence kicks in, I can still hear the noise.
It's hard to describe, something you can never forget,
But I guess nature called & we had to pay our debt.
I bet in your life you've seen many people fight for gas.
U could've at least warned us how to pay, no credit , just ca$h.
Everyone is hungry & the restaurants are closed,
The waters on a "boil" so when they'll shower, no one knows.
There's a strict curfew outside, and if you're caught, "that's yo ass".
Most stay inside to sleep & think, hoping this will all soon pass.
It's been a week without gas, electricity, or any power.
We went food shopping but all the food has gone sour.
I'd wish death on no one but if I see Wilma I'll fucking kill her.
This is real bad so I can't imagine what it was like living with Katrina.
At times like this you see ignorance at its best.
So this is when the people put their faith in God to the test.
My house was spared, so was Nanny's & Grandma's too,
Thankful as we are, the neighbors' walls and ceilings are see-through.
House phones aren't working, cell phones just the same.
I'm holding my dead phone now, Thanks Wilma, you're to blame.
It's not fair knowing that people are normally fighting for their life.
Now in a simple trip to Wal-Mart, you see them fighting over ice.
How come no one takes you seriously, no one thinks you're for real.
After this traumatizing experience, you showed us the real deal.
Both Bush's take the blame for FEMA's response,
Not realizing a hot meal & warm shower is what they want.
I bet you already know in a few days my Great-Grand Mother couldv'e died.
There was only 1 needle left in her insulin supply.
Please don't let it happen, we're all wishing & hoping,
Then someone shouts, "Look that WalGreens is open!"
Barely a week later & we're already forgotten about.
We weren't on the news yesterday so, today is a big doubt.
I was scared to death during the eye of the storm,
I know people were out thinking it's over but, boy was they wrong?
3.2 Million homes is a lot to be without electricity.
I try to use my days wise & not let it get to me.
I knew it would be hard & u proved me to be right,
How come Evans came Monday & just now left last night?
We're all stuck now, no gas stations, you're to thank.
If he knew it'd be like this, Sunday he would've filled his tank.
Looking for gas on "E" hoping we don't break down,
The stations are closed or too full so we have to turn around.
"E" doesn't mean enough & it won't get u far,
WTF, I hate this shit. What's the sense in having a car?
It's around 4:30am on a Sunday, all I can do is write & cry,
Now I'm hoping when I need it, my flashlight doesn't die.
Candlelit dinners are nice but not when it's all you have to use.
It seems like we're playing the game of life & it's likely that we'll lose.
My stomach is growling now & it's nothing here to eat,
So on that note, I'm tired & I think I'll go to sleep.



No comments: