Thursday, February 25, 2010

Tat Tat Tatted Up....

It's just something about ink that drives me INSANE. Ever since I got my 1st tattoo at 16, I've been hooked. Not completely tatted but enough 2 satisfy my own guilty pleasures. Big, Small, Color, Black & grey, Symbols, Works, Pictures.. Its just SO much that comes to mind, so many different ways to express your thoughts. I'm currently at four pieces... 5 if u wana get technical. Since a picture tells a thhousand words.. "like to hear it, here i go!!" (My very 1st tat is not pictured, i'll post it later)

THIS is my most meaningful piece. I LOVE explaining it, LOVE what it stands for.. Just LOVE LOVE LOVE it. For those of you who dont know me personally, "MTJC" Stands for: Melissa, Teddy, Jamell (RIP) & Chantel. They are my closest cousins.. in order from oldest to, Me. Lol. We've done everything together. From getting locked on roofs, stealing candy & pocket knives (dont ask) to punishment to sleepovers, u name it, we probably did it. Messing with either of them = an automatic "kick yo ass 1st, might ask later." =)



To finish off the piece, I have an anklet, with a lock. Pretty self explanatory, if u ask me. This was the easy part. The letters are what really kicked my behind. It hurt so badly, I couldn't think straight. lol. But u know what they say, No Pain, No Gain!! It was all VERY much worth it in the end.. Wouldn't change it for the world.


And for the most controversial piece, my Black Roses. Located ever-so-conveniently on  my right hip. FYI, I got this on June 23, 2007.. wayyyy before the Trey Songz track. Even though it DOES sing out the meaning of my tattoo. It is what it is. Not regrets, Just lessons learned. ((o9.2o.o5)).






So according to my mother, this is the little toy go-round thing that hangs in a crib. LOL. Who asked her?! No, I dont play an instrument but music plays a BIG role in my family. Music takes me to another place. Seals wounds, Fades bruises, Cures aches and pains. =) Something about being able to feel a song to the point U sing it like u wrote it. Honestly, I let the artist freestyle this. I'm happy with my decision. He had those colors poppin like im a red bone. lol.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tattoo sisters, lol. You know how I feel about ink - and I love the fact that like me, all your tattoos have meaning. Even the "mistakes" make our ink that much better, that much more appreciated. Love you - new one coming soon!!

Aah! My capcha says "TEDgynal"