Saturday, March 13, 2010

Long Kiss Goodnight…

Kisses “It was all good just a week ago” – the phrase that sums up each & every week that passed us by. No regrets, just lessons learned. THAT’S how I feel about our “situation”. It shouldn’t even be a situation anymore. The “WE” we once were, has deteriorated. Lies, Lies & More Lies. The foundation of this relationship was built on lies. One honest part was the fun we had together. LOTS of fun. Endless fun. So, when I got "HIS” call yesterday, It was bitter sweet. You know how you have such strong feelings for someone but know it will never work? That cant let that be your only reason for picking up. You know what, I picked up anyway. JUST to see what he had to say. Break ups to make ups, as usual. As Toni Braxton would say, “Just another sad love song, wrecking my brain like crazy.” Every time, It’s the SAME shit. Why did you talk back to him? Why can’t we be together? Why don’t you believe me? Why this? Why that? Hang up, Call back. Repeat as necessary.
You know what – I’m over it. I need to think about me. Yes, there was significant time & money put into this but I’m prepared to charge it ALL to The Game. It’s just not worth it. This is just scratching the surface. No where near how deep it really was.
What this means for HIM??
No more late nights. No more dinners. No more Marriott. No more beach. No more road trips. No more court dates. No more bullshit. No more “US”.
I guess for me, It means - I have MY life back.
Of course it hurts, but it’s a small price to pay for what would be in store for the future. I’m moving on to bigger & better things.
That’s a Summer With Miami.
To you, My Love, This is my long LAST kiss Goodnight…
*sign of relief*



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bless you for staying so strong about it. Because of course again - I was in the same situation. We've got to let them go, because at some point in our worlds, we get used to doing for them. We get used to worrying about them, bailing them out, riding for them. They get comfortable while we get complacent. And become bitter and miserable.

I'm proud of you for this, now we can start our new futures - free and clear of the drama, sadness and BS.

That deserves a toast!

Love, Chan said...

When I ever make it there... WE ON IT!!! &I'm not a bitter person. A bit too forgiving but fugg it. Only have one life to live. ;)